A Generation Awakens

by 3:02 PM 0 comments
“Jo Desh ke kaam na aaye wo bekar jawani hai” These lines from Rang De Basanti still echo in my ears. Whenever I see someone especially someone of my age or someone younger than me doing something good for the society, I cannot stop myself from congratulating them.

Ashwin Udupa, an engineering student from Mysore with whom I had some of the best moments of my life. I met this guy when I was in final year engineering. He was my junior. I remember him as a guy, who always gets slapped by girls in a short film and for his infamous Gangnam dance during our college fest.

Ashrith G N is also one of my junior but I never personally met him. One day I got a call from him informing that they have started a website and have listed my book for the visitors. I just thanked him and forgot about it. Some days later I got a notification in Facebook asking me to like a page e-mysore.com. I liked it and went through the page and their website. It is a decent website showing news about local events happening in Mysore, promoting music bands, short films etc.

Now the same team has come up with a web portal for blood donation where the donors can be directly contacted. All one has to do is visit http://blooddonors.e-mysore.com/ and search for the blood groups. We get customized results depending on the blood group required. If one wants to register as a donor, all he/she has to do is just register in their portal and their details will be published in the website. Three days back, I found their work featured in Star of Mysore, an evening daily of Mysore and that made me to write this.

When I look up to Bill Gates and Steve Jobs as inspiration I realize that the biggest thing we need to do in our life is to believe in our dreams and work slowly towards making them true. While doing that if we can return something back to the society that we are a part of, will be a great achievement. Instead of cribbing about the problems around, let’s be the answers. Let us be the trendsetters.

I congratulate the entire team of e-mysore.com lot more success in future and hope to work together in making our country a beautiful place to live. If you are a donor willing to donate blood, please register in their website and be a part of the new wave. Your small step may save a life of someone. Share the website among your friends and encourage them to register.

Santhosh S V
CEO
Spoorthi Foundation

0 comments:

Post a Comment