BACK TO SCHOOL

by 6:00 AM 1 comments
By Vijay Ravi on August 23, 2013

My day of teaching the kids at a government school brought back the good old memories of my school days. As soon as I entered the classroom, the students whole-heartedly welcomed me. Teaching ‘English’ to kids in Kannada medium was altogether a different experience, although I did less of teaching and more of asking them to sit quietly.
I have always dreamt of a well-educated literate society, and today was probably the first step I took in that direction. The joy on the faces of the kids when they learnt something new, gave me a sense of contentment and happiness. These kids are not underprivileged. All they need is a right direction. And I feel proud that I could contribute a little, if not much, in doing so. I am now sure that I would definitely go back to that school to teach these brilliant young kids, if am given a chance again. If only all of us spent sometime off our busy schedule in educating one child each, we would have a better society…a better world!

1 comment:

  1. that's sensible from vijay ravi :) keep up the good work !!!

    ReplyDelete