The first time

by 1:44 AM 0 comments
By Lavanya Kashyap

It has been more than eight months since I joined Spoorthi foundation and so far it has been an incredible journey. We, the members of Spoorthi foundation, started our work with ‘one book one dream’ event in Maharaja Institute of Technology where many students participated. The next event was on 150th birth anniversary of swami Vivekananda. An essay competition on the topic ‘nanna kanasina Bharata’ was held in Vontikoppal government school. Prizes were distributed to the winners. We also gave away some necessary stuff like geometry sets and the books we had collected earlier, for the students of 9th class. Teaching sessions on computers and English were the other events held in three different schools- Vontikoppal government school, Tilaknagar government school and Gangotri government school. We were joined by ‘The project Reach out’ members from SJCE for the same purpose in Gangotri School.

We have our meetings once a week and we discuss the events to be held for the upcoming week. We trustees Santhosh S V, Akash V, Anusha Patil, Anvitha Anand, Sahana K, Lavanya Kashyap, Sowjanya K R, Vijay and Tejaswini Anith put forth our ideas, discuss them and try implementing them.

For the upcoming weeks, we have many other plans such as organizing ‘joy of teaching week’ on the occasion of Dasara festival from 6th to 12th November in different schools where we will have events on both academic and extra-curricular activities. We are planning on to include orphanages and old age homes in our service during the upcoming days.


My first experience of teaching was when I taught computers in Tilaknagar School. I felt wonderful for sharing my knowledge with the children. To hear them call me “miss” itself brought lots of pleasure. Getting good responses from the children gave me the satisfaction of teaching. Educating children is the best job I have done so far in my life. I am very much pleased to be a part of Spoorthi foundation and to co-ordinate its activities. I will keep trying to give my best to achieve the goals of our foundation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment